For Willems Biscuits, it goes without saying that your personal information is treated confidentially, taking into account all relevant provisions of the applicable privacy legislation, such as but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation “GDPR”.
This Policy applies to the processing of your personal data in the framework of different applications (websites, sales, etc.) provided or operated by us or on our behalf.
2. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
The legal entity which is responsible for the processing of your personal data and who will act as data controller is:
Biscuiterie Willems bv, Nieuwendorpe 33C, 9900 Eeklo, Belgium, with company number 0401.006.413 (hereinafter “Willems Biscuits”)
3. How and on which legal grounds will we process your personal data?
Depending on your specific situation, you can find below an overview of the personal data which will be processed, the legal ground(s) and purpose(s) of the processing, if they will be transferred, and the applicable retention periods:
A. Job application form
You can apply for a job at Willems Biscuits through our job application form. For the processing of this information we rely on the services of SuccesFactors, an application owned and controlled by SAP. The following data is collected, stored and processed:
- First and last name;
- Phone Number (not a mandatory field);
- E-mail address;
- Education (not a mandatory field);
- Previous/current Employment (not a mandatory field);
- CV + motivation letter (not a mandatory field);
- Date of birth (not a mandatory field);
- Fulltime or part-time job (not a mandatory field);
- Do you know anyone working at Willems Biscuits– who? (not a mandatory field);
- How did you hear about the vacancy? (not a mandatory field);
The requested personal information is used for the purposes of our recruitment process. Your data will be deleted after closure of the relevant recruitment process or with your consent stored in our recruitment database for 3 years. In case your application results in a job with Willems Biscuits your information will be stored as described in your employment contract. Your data can be transferred to an assessment center or other third party that assists us in the recruitment process, when this is relevant. In that case Willems Biscuits will provide appropriate safeguards. This processing is based on our legitimate interest to recruit new people.
B. Commercial relationship management
Within the framework of our commercial activities, and more specifically related to the management of our (potential and actual) clients and (potential and actual) suppliers, it is possible that we receive or collect personal data.
The processing of the data is exclusively for managing our business relationships and is therefore based on our legitimate interest. We will always take your privacy rights into account. Your data will be stored for 10 years after the end of our business relationship and will be subject to continuous monitoring.
4. Protection of your personal data
We have a set of technical and organizational security measures in place to protect your personal data against unlawful or unauthorized access or use, as well as against accidental loss or damage to their integrity. These measures have been designed taking into account our IT infrastructure, the potential impact on your privacy and the costs involved and are in accordance with current industry standards and practice.
Your personal data will only be processed by a third party if that third party agrees to comply with those technical and organizational data security measures.
This website can use different types of cookies: ‘essential cookies’ (indispensable to use the website and all parts), ‘functional cookies’ (these cookies allow the website to remember choices you make, such as language or the region you are in, and provide enhanced, more personal features), ‘performance cookies’ (to collect information about the way you use the website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor) and sometimes ‘advertising cookies’ (used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns).
Relating to your personal data you have the following rights:
- You can always request information about your personal data collected, stored and processed by Willems Biscuits. To receive this kind of information you need to prove your identity (for example by sending us a copy of your ID).
- If your personal data stored by Willems Biscuits is incorrect, you can of course apply for a correction. You have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your personal data (for example, while the accuracy of your personal data is being checked).
- You may require us to erase any data concerning you (except in some cases, for example when we have to save your data to prove a transaction or when required by law).
- In case the processing is based on your consent, you may revoke your consent to the storage and processing of your personal data.
- If you do not agree with the way Willems Biscuits is processing your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority: https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/.
7. Who to contact if you have any questions or requests
For any questions, requests or complaints concerning the application of this Policy or to exercise your rights, as described in this Policy, you may contact us at:
8. Changes to our Policy
We keep our Policy under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This Policy was last updated on October 2019.